We have posted:
- Minutes of our September 8, 2013 Joint Meeting with LWTF
- Information on a recent Black Bear Sighting
- A new page on the Association's History
- Minutes of our June 2013 Annual Meeting
- Minutes of our September 2012 Joint Meeting with LWTF
- A new Lost & Found procedure can be found on our "Recreation" page.
- Our Community page has an essay by Christine Adams Beckett and a profile of Les Ernhout by Sophia Schein. And we welcome your photos of the lake.
- a PDF of our Summer 2012 Newsletter.
The DEEP held a public hearing in November 2013 on the petition to create a Slow-No-Wake zone in a portion of the narrow end of the Lake basin between the State Park and Arrow Point. Public comment on the proposal is being accepted until January 6, 2014. For details, see DEEP: Notice of Intent to Amend the Boating Safety Regulations
The Lake Waramaug Task Force and the Association have been instrumental in the adoption of a new Connecticut law that will restrict the use of phosphorous in fertilizers.
Lake Waramaug Task Force has posted:
- The 2013 Annual Summary Report
- "Saving Lake Waramaug" video
- Summer 2013 Newsletter
- State Guide to Invasive Aquatic Plants
Mary Harwood's splendid A History of Lake Waramaug has been reprinted by the Association. Copies are available ($25) at Association meetings and at the Hickory Stick Bookshop in Washington Depot. Our thanks to the Hickory Stick for doing this as a community service without charge to the Association. Buy other books and gifts when you are there and enjoy the benefits of being able to shop locally!
From time to time, we notify our membership by email of town and commission meetings and other events. If you would like to be notified, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "notify me" in the subject line.
You can download these PDFs of our Newsletters:
- Summer 2012
- Spring 2012
- Summer 2011
- Summer 2010
- Spring 2009
- George Knoecklein's 2008 PowerPoint presentation on invasive plants. (You can download the PowerPoint Viewer here.)
Home | News | Checklist | Building & Landscaping | Safety | Recreation | Contact Us Copyright © 2006-2014 Lake Waramaug Association. All rights reserved.