July 15: Young bear at 139 WSR
Mark Your CalendarThe Fall Annual Meeting will be Sunday, September 11, at 2:00 p.m.
Traffic Issues Due to ConstructionAs most of you know, there is a great deal of construction around the lake with an increased number of large machines and vehicles. Unfortunately, there has also been an increase in the number of cars illegally parked and, in some cases, completely blocking one lane of the road. The police are aware of the problem and have asked us to report illegally parked vehicles so they can be ticketed. If you see any illegally parked vehicles, please phone the police at 860-868-9671 with the location.
Public Notice EmailsAs a public service, Lake Waramaug Association has been sending out notices of Public Hearings for Lake related land use applications in Kent, Washington and Warren. If you would like to sign up to receive these notifications, please email us with "public notice" in the subject line.
Seaplane OrdinanceOn June 17, the town of Kent passed the Seaplane Ordinance which bans seaplanes and all other aircraft from landing on Lake Waramaug. Now that Warren, Kent and Washington have all passed this ordinance, it is illegal for any type of aircraft to land on Lake Waramaug. If you witness aircraft attempting to land on the Lake, try to either jot down the identification number or take a photo with your cell phone.
Fabulous FireworksA big "thank you!" to all of you who helped make this year's fireworks such a spectacular event. We hope you enjoyed the display and had a wonderful weekend.
- May 2016 Newsletter
- May 2016 Black Bear Sighting
- Minutes of the September 2015 Meeting
- End-of-Summer 2015 Newsletter
- Summer 2015 Newsletter
Lake Waramaug Task Force Posts
- Waramaug Dam Evaluation & Repair
- Curly-leaf Pondweed Resurgence
- Zooplankton Farm Up & Running
- Tackling Sucker Brook Erosion
- New Aeration Systems for Arrow Point
- Fall 2015 Newsletter
- "Saving Lake Waramaug" video
- State Guide to Invasive Aquatic Plants
Mary Harwood's splendid A History of Lake Waramaug has been reprinted by the Association. Copies are available ($25) at Association meetings and at the Hickory Stick Bookshop in Washington Depot. Our thanks to the Hickory Stick for doing this as a community service without charge to the Association. Buy other books and gifts when you are there and enjoy the benefits of being able to shop locally!
From time to time, we notify our membership by email of town and commission meetings and other events. If you would like to be notified, please send an email to email@example.com with "notify me" in the subject line.
- September 2015: End-of-Summer 2015 Newsletter
- Minutes of our June 2014 Annual Meeting
- Summer 2014 Newsletter
- Spring 2014 Newsletter & "Keeper Sheet"
- Connecticut law that restricts the use of phosphorous in fertilizers.
- Minutes of our September 2013 Joint Meeting with LWTF
- Minutes of our June 2013 Annual Meeting
- Minutes of our September 2012 Joint Meeting with LWTF
- Summer 2012
- Spring 2012
- Summer 2011
- Summer 2010
- Spring 2009
- George Knoecklein's 2008 PowerPoint presentation on invasive plants. (You can download the PowerPoint Viewer here.)
Home | News | Community | Checklist | Building & Landscape | Safety | Recreation | Contacts Copyright © 2006-2016 Lake Waramaug Association. All rights reserved.